decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Not a Turkey in Sight....

....unless you count the fake ones! This may be our dining room, but very little dining actually takes place in here during November. This is the one month of the year that, for us, most get-togethers take place other places. We used to host almost every family gathering but now that all of the "kids" have grown up and have homes of their own, we have been more than willing to share. Of course, that doesn't mean that I don't still want to decorate for the holiday. But, in keeping with the "theme", I kept it simple this year!





Still having trouble decorating the hutch on this fireplace because the shelves are so narrow. Many of the things I would like to put here are just too large so I find myself having to "dig deeper" so to speak - and pull out things I haven't used in awhile - such as some of my pewter collection. I am actually happy to be using it again because I have always liked the soft, warm feel that pewter seems to give off - and it kind of says 'autumn' to me.


The sideboard is decorated with just the colors of Thanksgiving but using my favorite olive jars and urns. Somehow these jars always remind me of dining in a beautiful Mediterranean countryside.






I had high hopes of what I was going to do with my new wooden tray but things have been crazy hectic around here of late and I am truly just happy that I got it this far!


Still loving my new PB pillow cover with its water colored pumpkins and also like the way the picture on the wall gives the feel of a Thanksgiving feast - if you like feasting on pears and apples that is.



As I said, things have been a bit crazy around here of late. Hubby and I got a chance to run by school for the K-2nd grade awards assembly yesterday between three other meetings we had scheduled. So proud of these two and their achievements!

Still have a bit more to show you but I might be MIA for a little bit. We are getting new computers here at the house and they are due at any time. Our computer guy tells me I have quite a lot that he will have to transfer so I am thinking that translates as "you may be offline for awhile". We shall see but I will be back whenever I can. Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment