decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Making a list...

...and then making another! I am fond of list making. It is about the only way these days that I can remember what I need to do. Of course, then, I need to remember where I put the list or to even look at the list...but that can be another post entirely!!

With that thought in mind and with my last post ending with me lamenting how I love to make crafts for Christmas, I decided that today might be a good day to get thinking about that. So off I went to Pinterest to see some of the things I thought I might like to try.

Let's start with the wooden signs that I pinned. You know how much I love these things and I don't think I have made any for Christmas yet. Thinking of one of these:





This is actually my favorite of the signs but I am not sure I will have enough time to do all of that lettering his year. I know I could cut the words from adhesive paper on my Cricut, but (the words my girls just hate hearing me say) "I am a purist". I want my signs to look old and weathered and only paint will allow me to sand and "age" the sign. Kind of thinking one word in BIG letters will fill the bill this year. We shall see.



And then, you also know my fondness for pillows...especially if they are PB knock-offs.


The instructions for this one are SUPER easy. They call for a pre-made pillow cover. I may prefer to make my own in a different shape but time would be the judge on that one. The rest of it is super simple - just hand written with a fabric marker. I kind of like the simplicity of it.


I like this one as well but guess it would have to go somewhere that no one actually sits as I don't think that jingle bell in the back would be too comfy! Both of these ideas come from the 'Confessions of a Plate Addict' blog. I have made a number of her pillows in the past.
 


And, I always love to make an ornament or two. I usually tie them on packages so the recipient gets an extra little gift as well. Not to mention the fact that I just plain love handmade ornaments on my tree. To me, ornaments are like a Christmas scrapbook as I hang them on the tree and remember the year it was made and given as well as the person who made it for me.



So that's where my thoughts are going currently. Think I will pour another cup of coffee and sit down and mull my options. I am pretty sure I have some other things I should be doing instead but I can't find the list - haha. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment