decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Tweaking Already

I could feel it in my bones. I knew it would happen...just didn't know it would happen this fast! I guess you could say a lot of my decorating is done by "my gut". I'm sure I break LOTS of rules. But, it is my house and I just do what I like. I loved the mirror by itself on the living room wall but, for whatever reason, it just didn't feel right. And, I love these sconces and couldn't find anywhere else to put them....and, since I already have a ton of holes in that wall to repair and the whole room to repaint, I figured I had nothing to lose! Hanging these things is not fun. the nails have to be in the exact right place. It is almost impossible to measure where the holes will go evenly from the mirror because of the round shape of the mirror and the extra edges on the sconces. In any case, they are hung and I am happy. When I actually get around to painting and patching, I will probably move the sconces up a few inches.

I put the mercury glass candle holders on the sconces because I felt the big wall needed more reflective surfaces and because I have other mercury glass scattered around the room so it kind of pulls it all together.


Forgive this picture. I took it real quickly on my phone and it is a bit fuzzy even to my old eyes, but you get the idea.



And then, because I was getting tired, I simply hung the two mirrors in the first guest room. This room has a Mediterranean feel and so do the mirrors. I know, one is round and one is square...it's my house...and they are up and out of the way for awhile - at least until the next "simple" move of something. Stay tuned..



No comments:

Post a Comment