decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Getting My Ducks in a Row...

...or should I say "hearts"?

I am finally getting into the swing of this thing called a new year. I can't say that I am truly caught up yet, but I am functioning. With that in mind, I headed out yesterday to run a few errands and along the way, I found some things that I know I will be needing very soon. I have actually gotten my ideas for Valentine gifts and treats and crafts with the grand kids lined up and I love it when I actually remember to buy things when I see them.






I love the products by Tim Holtz and knew I wanted to use them in some way for my Valentine gifts so I have been picking them up wherever I could find them. Then, Michaels had their canvases on sale and I knew where I was heading. I love how the vintage canvases turned out.

I also remembered how hard it was to find Red Hots last year for the Valentine popcorn the kids and I make so score another point for me when I remembered that I could find them at $ Tree. Also grabbed Rolos and cherry M & Ms at Target as I will be needing them soon as well. I was feeling really good about myself thinking I had remembered lots of things I would be needing in a few weeks when I realized I had forgotten 2 of the things I need for dinner tonight - oh well....











Oh well, maybe that is why I buy these things! They make me feel better - ha-ha. The stocks are from Trader Joes and I wish you could smell the sweet, spicy fragrance from them. And for some reason, red tulips say "Valentine" to me even more than roses. I love them and will pick them up any time I find them! And, the French milled soaps from Barnes & Nobles are the best smelling things ever. I bought some for Christmas and was so happy when I found these for Valentine's Day! Some times I go in the guest bathroom just to stand and sniff!

So that is what I have been up to these days - as well as a few movies (Saving Mr. Banks and August: Osage County - loved them both) and lots of eating out - don't know why - just seems like the thing to do.

This week is almost over and I still haven't done my mini-makeover - perhaps tomorrow. But, with all of the other things I am getting excited about, it will have to be very MINI! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment