decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Starting to Conjure...

...all my new ideas for Halloween. I have to admit that I am waaayyyy behind my normal Halloween schedule. Usually by this time of the year I, at the very least, have my gifts made or started. I usually also know what other decor crafts I am going to be doing and what new items I may be on the lookout for. This has just been one of those summers-life happened and I am behind.  That being said, this is all I have to show you so far but that doesn't mean my brain hasn't started conjuring up a few ideas!






Do you see a pattern? I guess I just love mercury glass and I think the glow it lends when hit by light is exactly what I am looking for for Halloween. It is a bit eerie and spooky while classy at the same time!! I bought the large, round vase on my last PB expedition. Didn't really buy it specifically for Halloween. I mostly bought it because it was a great deal and, have I mentioned, I love mercury glass. Knew I would use it sooner or later. But, when I realized I had purchased the mercury glass skull from PB as well, all of a sudden I could see it holding black roses or dead sticks filled with ravens or a configuration of bones or .....

The green potion bottle is something I picked up at Ross this weekend. It will find a place in the apothecary vignette-always need "one more potion bottle", right?

Now, I think there is a saying about people who answer their own questions but, I don't care because I think you might get a kick out of this! In one of my last posts, I posed the question "does that mean I have too much stuff?". Well, after my little fiasco this morning, I guess I am now ready to answer "yes!".

As I was beginning to pull out the new Halloween items (since I really AM starting to conjure), I couldn't put my hands on the new "raven" pillow. I remember it coming and usually I stack this kind of thing up in one of the guest rooms until I am ready for it. No luck there. I then proceeded to check EVERY closet in the house as well as under beds. I knew this was a full-fledged 20x20" pillow so it couldn't be hiding in a small space! I started to wonder if there was any way I could have thrown it out in a cleaning frenzy-no wait, that couldn't have happened cause there has been NO cleaning around here in a long time!! On to plan B-which will really have you doubting the state of my sanity. I went to my husband and asked him if there was any chance in the world he had seen it sitting somewhere obtuse and wondered why there was a Halloween pillow in that spot. Now remember, as also recently posted, this is the man who STILL hasn't mentioned a large, wrought iron tea cart that has been sitting in our dining room for 10 plus years and is now MIA. Bless his heart, he actually got up to help me start looking. We were going to "retrace" my memories of the life of this pillow since it arrived on our door step. Suffice it to say, as we were walking through our living room, I glanced at our couch, saw the hand painted pumpkin pillow currently sitting there and FINALLY remembered that I had used the other pillow as its pillow form. Thought that would alleviate storing the Halloween pillow until it was needed. Yep! Great idea-if I had just remembered it 30 minutes sooner.

Oh well, all's well that ends well as they say. I will soon be heading out to look for a full sized skeleton. About the only big change I think I will make this year is a new mantle or cabinet top display featuring said skeleton. I have a good idea-hoping it pans out.

Exciting times at this house right now. As I also previously posted, my daughter and I were filmed for a TV commercial. I kind of forgot about it until someone told me she saw it running on TV. I actually saw it myself and it is quite a strange feeling-seeing ME looking out of a 42" TV screen. A bit off putting to say the least but once I got over the shock, I am having fun with it! Hearing from different people now that they have seen it as well. I SO see how "fame" could go to one's head-haha. Who knows what doors will now open...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment