decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, August 15, 2013

When Life Hands You Lemons...

...make lemonade-as they say.

I guess that is sort of what happened to me last week. My husband and I had just returned from a nice one day get-away. We were both really tired and fell soundly asleep only to be awakened by the ringing of the phone-the sound that strikes terror into every one's heart but most definitely into the heart of a parent or grand parent.

It was our oldest daughter. She started with "I'm O.K.". But I knew that if she were really O.K., she wouldn't be calling at this hour. She then went on to tell us that she had just been admitted to the hospital and scheduled for surgery the next day. Much discussion and more phone calls then followed and it was decided that daughter #2, grand daughter #3 and I would head down to be there through surgery and then other family members would do what was needed when we saw what was needed.

It was a long day because there were lots of delays on the doctor's end, but by Thursday evening, Kris was out of surgery with no complications. She did have to stay another night but we got to bring her home the next afternoon and she is doing very well.

My brother and sister-in-law headed down for the weekend as well to see if they could help as they are both now retired and like the idea that they can just "head down" after so many years of being tied to work schedules.

I have mentioned recently that this has been an extremely "wet" summer" and we did have rain while we were there but this is what we were greeted with on Saturday morning-perfectly gorgeous blue sky and actually a slightly cooler breeze.

I decided her back yard looked like a resort, so I grabbed my camera. The gardens in Florida are about the only things that are loving the rain!








And while we are enjoying the yard, I thought I would give you a peek at the fabulous Father's Day gift my daughter and grand daughters made for my SIL. It is a direction sign of many of the places they have traveled and the girls did all of the artwork themselves. I was pretty impressed!

Another busy week happening here. Much to share soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment