decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Finally the Big Day!


We started the day by making our cupcakes. The kids are really pretty good at baking and could do most of this process on their own. I am not a lover of cake mixes but for this, I chose a butter cake mix and was pleasantly surprised by how good it turned out.




Of course, we did have to have three independent taste testers before we were given the go-ahead on quality control!




Next came the fun part-frosting them. Once again I cheated a bit and bought butter cream icing in the bakery department of our grocery store. But, we did have to dye it red and green!


The kids did these all by themselves and I think they did a great job. They stuck a pretzel into the cake for the stem, did a little squeeze of green for the leaf and added a gummy worm. Yum!!



Believe it or not, these three had specific ideas on how they wanted the table decorated and set. It wasn't fancy, but it definitely followed our theme.


Don't know which had more frosting-the cupcake or Presley's face!


Getting silly with his sandwich!


We managed to get a shot with Daddy but somehow Mommy and Papa managed to avoid the camera today!


This was the last picture after MANY!. Would like to say that it a favorite but I will take what I can get....


...especially when the first dozen or two looked more like this-just keepin' it real. We had a really fun time and it really is all about the quality time I got to spend with my grand children and the memories we made! We were invited to dinner at their house after their first day of school and it was such fun to hear the things they choose to share as the day's highlights. We always went out to dinner when our girls were young and they would share their day-can't believe that was so many years ago and can't believe I am blessed enough to still be sharing a tradition with my grand children.





New school year has officially started and everyone is happy with their classes and teachers-should be a good year!


Sweetest picture ever-Harrison walking his younger brother Hudson into school and reassuring him what a wonderful school it is and how much fun he will have in kindergarten at 8th Street. Growing up much too fast for me!!

I couldn't help myself-autumn decorating has begun and I will be sharing next! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment