decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Camp-Day2

We were all a little more rested as day 2 began, so we decided to start making some of our favors and decorations for our back-to-school party. Our oldest, Harrison, was at a sleepover and play date, so the two youngest were my helpers today.We did all of the printing-which they love. Somehow they think I can work magic! And then we kept to the simpler crafts so Harrison could lend a hand tomorrow on the more difficult things.


We simply printed up a "smarties" saying, bagged up the candy and stapled them together.


We also printed off school bus labels and wrapped them around Hershey Nuggets.



We found an old frame in the closet and painted it red to hold the Dr. Seuss quote. Then we printed off "chalkboards" and name tags. We put pencils and rulers in Mason jars and tied them with some ribbon. And, we used the Cricut machine to cut some chalkboard circles and apples for a banner that we will finish tomorrow. The kids also love watching the Cricut machine do its magic. Heck, I sort of do too. I love that thing! As a matter of fact, I have been wanting to get one of the newer models but really couldn't justify it until now. Seems as if I have used mine so much that I have worn out parts of it. I have done everything suggested in"troubleshooting" to no avail so I will keep my eyes open for the next good sale and get myself a brand spanking new machine. They have made so many upgrades since I first bought mine.I actually bought it on a pre-sale before they were available in stores, so I am excited to see what all they can do now!




These two were so proud of what they did that they requested these pictures-definitely a first! So much fun!! Day 3 still to come-stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment