decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I Must Have the Vapors!

I'm not sure what has come over me but I just had to make an orzo salad today. When we had dinner at the Grand Floridian this past weekend, I tasted an orzo salad that was delicious. Then, when I was sitting right here at this keyboard this morning, I looked down and saw a small piece of paper with a very sketchy, minimal outline of an orzo salad. I vaguely remember writing it down when I saw it on a blog. It really isn't a recipe but a list of ingredients. I went to my Pinterest boards to see if by chance I "pinned" it from the blog-I didn't- and then I went to my new blog reader, Bloglovin', to see if I could search for content like I could in Google Reader. If I could, I couldn't figure out how.

So, armed with just the ingredients, I kind of chopped and added until I was happy. Still would like to tweak the dressing because it isn't like the one at Disney, but I am happy with it for now. It has orzo, baby spinach, black olives, toasted pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and Paul Newman Parmesan Roasted Garlic dressing.

I needed a large bowl to toss the salad so I got out a favorite of mine. I actually bought this bowl and the serving pieces to give as a wedding gift but I loved them so much, I ended up keeping them and giving a gift of money. Let's just say there is lots of orzo salad to eat in this house this week!





Isn't that a beautiful bowl-and isn't that a beautiful salad? So much going on here. I will catch you up soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment