decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Did You Feel That Hint of Cool Air?

Neither did I but I just couldn't help myself. Once I finished making my autumn sign, there was no turning back! I was just yearning for the warmth of the orange glow and sweet smell of "pumpkins"-even if I did have to resort to hanging seasonal lights and burning candles or smellies in wall sockets to get them. Let's start in the living room as I had grandson #2 with me the last two days and the living room was the only one without Legos, juice boxes, etc. at the time I was ready to snap some pictures. He was a real trooper because I dragged him all around town for a lot of those two days but we did eat out each day and he got to have his Mickey Mouse chocolate sundae as well as a new Lego set so I guess it was a win, win for each of us.





Some of the living room vignettes got changed this year because I made the new sign for the family room mantle.That meant that I had to find a new home for some of the stuff that used to be on the mantle and so on and so on. It was kind of fun and, once again, I am trying to simplify-sometimes more successfully than others!


I love this old water bottle that daughter #3 helped me find. I actually just "pinned" a tutorial on turning just such a bottle into a lamp. It would actually be very much like the green glass lamp we recently purchased from PB and since I know how much I paid for that, this would be a real bargain. I am seriously thinking about it- we shall see.








I made so many velvet pumpkins last year and thought I was done but, just the other day when I was moving around some craft supplies, I happened upon a whole pile of stems that I now remember collecting last year on each pumpkin patch visit-and lots more velvet-so I guess there will be more pumpkins in my future!





I truly love the calm that comes over my house - and me - when I decorate for autumn. My husband and I are trying to get caught up on everything that fell behind with his recent surgery so that we can take off for some quiet weekends before my favorite season is just once again a memory. I know, it hasn't really even started, but with all of the other obligations we have this time of the year, it seems we blink and it is gone. Much more to come. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment