decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Welcome My Little Pretty!

As so often happens in my world-and probably yours as well-plans change at a moment's notice. When we last spoke, I told you I would be starting my Halloween decorating today. But that was before my beloved refrigerator decided to have a small electrical malfunction.

I loved that frig. It featured a "measured pour" option, a spin out spigot and a pull out tray. I could set it for the amount of water I wanted, set in my coffee pot -or cup or pitcher or whatever- go put the coffee in the basket and come back and my lovely, precisely measured filtered water would be waiting. I really can't tell you how much I came to love this feature. I had my morning coffee making down to a science!

But, the frig was 7 or 8 years old and we didn't want to start spending a lot on it as we have had a French door style in mind for awhile.

So, with very little prodding from my hubby, I headed off to Lowes. Still held out hope that I could find a new frig with my favorite features but it was not to be. But, I did find this beauty and I love it! It will take some getting used to-I will actually have to stand there and hold my coffee pot, but I am sure I will get over it every time I fling open those doors and the LED lights pop on. It is huge and it is beautiful-almost makes me want to run out and buy some groceries and start cooking-almost! I know I will most enjoy it when I have the whole gang here and there actually IS some kitchen action going on.

With the delivery and set-up of this beauty taking the better part of the day, and having since gotten an invitation to "Johnny Appleseed Day" at my grand children's pre-school on Friday as well as lunch in a wonderful little cafe afterwards with my daughter, I decided to enjoy the autumn decor just a bit longer and plunge into Halloween next week. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it-unless a better offer comes along again. Stay tuned. 

By the way, after I saw this picture, I got right on those finger prints so not to worry! Always had all the kids' drawings and pictures on the old one so finger prints weren't as noticeable but, alas, this beauty isn't magnetized-sigh! One more thing to have to get used to!

1 comment:

  1. You will love the French doors and two drawers at the bottom. It's the same design as ours and I love it!

    ReplyDelete