decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

We Interrupt This Tour....

I think somewhere of late I have been quoted as saying "I am not buying anything new for Halloween this year". Guess I should amend that-quickly! "I am not buying anything new for Halloween this year unless it speaks to me". I will be the first to admit that I do NOT need one more Halloween decoration. It is OVERKILL at my house as it is! But, if I happen upon a good deal, who am I to snub my nose? I bought another mercury glass apothecary jar several years ago at "The Barn" and I know what I paid for it. When I saw this beauty at T.J. Maxx, I snatched it up. After all, what laboratory vignette doesn't always need just one more jar?

I found the frame on sale & on sale again at Kohls and just liked the silver bone border. It will probably go in the same vignette-which will probably be in the hutch in the dining room because it is about the only display area I have big enough for all my goodies. In fact, I'm already fretting about where I am going to use my "new" typewriter to its best advantage for my Poe vignette...problems, problems!

O.K., so back to autumn. Here is this year's mantle. I swapped out the rusty candleabras (small for large) and added the candle holder but then pretty much as it was last year. I still really like the orange and white contrast.






Ending with this close-up of the felted pumpkins that my cousin (thanks Diane) sent me a few years ago. I love them and always nestle them on to a shelf somewhere. We still have a room or two to go, but I think I am off to pull last year's Halloween photos to try to start some decor planning. After all, in my world Halloween will be in the picture in less than 3 weeks!!! Can't wait to get this little beauty out front! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment