decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, June 30, 2011

What's Next???


As most of you who follow this blog regularly probably know, this is about my LEAST favorite time of the year!!! I am not a summer kind of girl!!! Don't like the heat or anything associated with it - except my pool and the occasional day at the beach. I love the ocean when I'm there, but it's all the preparation to get there that bothers me. I grew up in south Florida and the lake or beach were an every day thing back then. I guess I got kind of spoiled at how close they both were. I love the sand, salt water and waves. None of that is an issue for me. So why do I dislike summer so much? I think it may have something to do with how my beautiful plants and yard react to the Florida heat - everything LOOKS so sad and droopy no matter how often you water! And then, we get to the blessed relief of our summer storm pattern and that takes away most of what I can tolerate in summer - the afternoon dips in the pool.

So, you see, no matter how I cut it this just isn't my time of year. I am busy this week getting ready for our trip to St. Pete and our much looked-forward-to 4th of July celebration with the entire family and friends we only see once a year at this party. This I love. But, in the back of my mind is the idea that when we return next Tuesday, I will be taking down my 4th decorations and I go into the black hole of decorating....NO HOLIDAY to plan for!!!! I will probably once again use my sunflowers and "hot" colored items for the rest of July and August, but rest assured the minute September strikes, I will be pulling out the autumn storage containers and there will once again be a smile on my face!

If things go as they usually do this decorating time of the year, I will struggle with even remembering what fills what spot as it has been so long since I haven't had something seasonal or holiday out, but I will take pictures and keep you up to date as it unfolds.

I have found a few cute new 4th of July ideas and if time permits, I may try to make a few of them before we head off. If I do, I will be sure to share them with you. If not, expect them to pop up next year as gifts and crafts for the grandchildren.

Until then, I hope everyone has a wonderful happy and safe, family-filled 4th of July. You can bet I will have many pictures to share when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment