decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

MIA

And with this view, it's a wonder I ever came home! We were in St. Pete this weekend for a dance recital for our #2 and #4 grand daughters. They were wonderful and the recital was lovely as usual...pictures to follow!

On Sunday, we all decided to leave all of "the world" behind and just do what we wanted - even if it was NOTHING!!! I must say, it was really a treat to do nothing and not feel the least bit guilty about it. We pretty much ate, talked, sat by the pool or swam, ate, sipped wine and did I say ate? Before we knew it, it was way past all of our bedtimes!

I must say, I could have spent many more days down there "doing" the same thing, but reality reared its ugly face and we had to return to our lives on Monday afternoon.

Then, on Tuesday, daughter #3 and her 3 children arrived for a long visit as they are now looking for a house here in town and for the first time ever, I will have family living in the same town as we do! Still having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I will be able to see these grandchildren whenever I want! Now if I could just convince the rest of the gang to move home...

The hammock is empty now, but it was occupied most of the day!

So here are a few of the recital pictures. Both girls danced in two numbers and they were aweome! We have been going to recitals for something like 12 years now and even though you know who may grumble every year, we really love it and are so proud of our grand daughters. Wasn't it just yesterday that they were little and bumping into each other on stage? Where did these beautiful young women come from...where have the years gone?!



It was a wonderful weekend and we have another to look forward to this weekend thanks to my husband's birthday and Father's Day. The above group won't be with us as they are off on a cruise to Curacao but everyone else will be here and it promises to be so much fun! Stay tuned. And, I just returned from buying a wicker love seat for the new patio so more tweaking to come. Stay on the edge of your seats for that as well-ha-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment