decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Celebrations

I hope everyone had as wonderful a weekend as my family and I did! We were ALL (well almost...oldest daughter and her family are in Curacao) here and celebrated 2 birthdays and Fathers' Day. My other 2 girls planned and carried off the whole weekend, so I got treated as a queen as well! I must say, I could get used to that...ha-ha! The weather co-operated although it was hot - which sent even more people into the pool than usual!

Our Sunday meal started with lots of munchies - white bean dip on toasted baguette rounds, hummus with crackers, cheese and sausage, fruit and dip and veggies. Then, dinner was grilled steak or chicken, the yummiest red potatoes with onions and dill, sauteed veggies with garlic and homemade baked beans. There was tons of food and everything was delicious - and not just because I didn't have to cook!

This is where the guys spent most of their day - or watching Gator baseball or Nascar races. Of course the girls didn't spend all day in the kitchen. They managed a dip or two in the pool as well!







Lots of happy faces - just the way it should be! Not to mention the happy face on yours truly as I begin to see the end of "the patio" growing ever closer! I bought a love seat and ottoman and moved a few things around. We lit the chiminea on Saturday evening and even the guys sat over there, so I am happy. I like it when areas of the yard look pretty but I love it when they are actually functional as well. This area is close enough to the pool that you still feel a part of things but just far enough off that you also feel like you're in a private little area. I think I may be done... well, as done as I ever am done when it comes to decorating and tweaking! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment