decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 2, 2011

The Fun Continues!




This is definitely not a posed picture, but this is my favorite part of any of our family get-togethers. I love it when we're all just there visiting and catching up on all of our comings and goings. The day was beautiful, the wine was plentiful, the kids were so cute and life was good!


I saw these Crayola Colored Bubble Blowers everywhere right before Easter so I just had to have them for the boys. Apparently, my brother and sister-in-law saw the same things I did and also got them for the boys. And it turned out to be a good thing that they did because boy did we go through the bubble mixture! Were the bubbles colored! I guess although most of what you see in this picture that looks like colored bubbles were actually colored spots on his shorts! But, were they all they were cracked up to be? I don't think so. It seems that if the blower wasn't held upright, the bubble liquid flowed right out - unless we didn't have the blowers put together correctly but it was pretty straight forward, so I don't think that was the issue. In any case, we had colored bubble mixture EVERYWHERE. And, it was sort of thick so not all that easy to wash off. The boys did have fun - all 5 minuted that the stuff lasted but I guess that's all that counts!


Papa always has to join in the egg coloring because ever since our girls were little, he would take one egg and proceed to put it in every color dye until he had created a brown egg. I think he started doing that so he could be a part of the fun but leave most of the eggs and coloring to the girls. In any case, it is now tradition. Go figure! The kids look forward to it every year and no matter how much he grumbles, so does he!


We believe in "getting into" our work!








All in all, a perfect day followed by the most incredible meal of grilled steak or fish, asparagus, herb roasted potatoes and all sorts of yummy appetizers. Truly what memories are made of! Any time my whole family can be together, life doesn't get any better! Can't wait for the next chance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment