decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Uh, I mean Happy Memorial Day! After all, it IS still only May!!! Who in their right mind would already have their house decorated for the 4th? Who indeed??!!! But, I do have a good reason. All 7 grandchildren will be here this weekend while several of my misguided daughters and their husbands do a triathlon in Crystal River. And, we won't all be together on the 4th so I am using this as our patriotic photo op. There, does that give me a good enough reason?

Because I have so many decorations for every holiday, I take pictures every year and use those as my starting place for decorating. Then, I like to tweak and add new things as I find them. It at least helps with a place to begin putting things. I have found without the photos I can get quickly overwhelmed even though I love to decorate.

The above vignette hasn't changed yet from last year. It took me awhile, but once I got it to this point, I liked it and it will stay like that until something really good comes along to make me change my mind-of course, I do have a trip to The Shop in Micanopy in the works, so things may change quickly!



This is the sofa table in the living room. I left one of the birdcages (out of this picture) and then added a candle, my "hand" holding the flag and a flag picture I made last year. I simply took an inexpensive American flag, tea dyed it and wrote the words to the Pledge of Allegiance on the white stripes. I framed it in a frame I already had and it is one of my favorite things.

Some more simple decorating-an Uncle Sam in a cloche edged with a candle garland, downloads in an antique picture holder and the Liberty banner I made last year.



Most of the rest of the living room is what it was last year. Even though I dislike red, white and blue the rest of the year, somehow right now I can't get enough of it. I have several crafts planned for this weekend as well as trips to Micanopy, Dade City and the Villages in the works so I'm sure I will manage to find a few new treasures-stay tuned. Lots more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment