decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome May!




Happy May! I've had a crazy schedule these past few weeks, but I knew I had to get my Easter decor down and really didn't have any idea where I was going after that. It is a rare occasion when there are no seasonal decorations in this house, but May is one of those times.

Because I love green and gardens so much, that is where I usually go. That is made even easier by the fact that I use a lot of both when I decorate for Easter. Hence, a lot less to take down. I guess I was really missing my time in the garden this year because when I had finished decorating, I found I had pulled in many of my garden elements to the house.

In any case, I truly am not finished with everything but inspiration hasn't struck on what else I want to do so I am documenting it all now and will show as tweaking happens - although I am about ready to start on a big outdoor project so by the time I have time to tweak, I will probably be putting up 4th of July (which I do quite early because the holiday falls right at the start of the month and because I just LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!).

Not a huge change in this area. Brought in my large garden dove, removed the rabbits and moved a few things around.



The theme is definitely birds and nests - kind of just happened! I just put a simple nest in the cloche and a download from "The Graphics Fairy". I used one of my French pots and put a nest and bird in that as well.




So, that is pretty much the living room. Kept it pretty simple. Thought that might be nice for a change. I even took down the candlelier that hangs over the coffee table. It is amazing how it opens up the room. I like it...for now. I must note that I didn't remove the toggle from the ceiling "just in case" . We'll see. More to show you later. Out to water my plants as Mother Nature is giving us an exceptionally dry spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment