decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 16, 2011

It Can Only Get Better-Part 2

Or so I thought! We have made a bit of a change. Everything has been cleared out and some retaining stones have begun to be set. But oh, this is a looonnnngggg story. One too long to even begin to go into and keep anybody still reading this blog. Somehow, I tried to give a bit of work to someone I knew could use the money - and help Elton and me out a bit in the process and the next thing I know, Elton and I are no longer doing the project at all and I have "contracted" with this guy for the whole job.

Phrases like "if you're going to do it, you want to do it right" and "as long as you're already spending X, what's a few more dollars" were thrown around and my only excuse is that this crazy world that is my life right now is keeping me pretty exhausted and maybe my mind isn't working correctly.

Anyhow, we made this deal over a week ago and so far this guy has put in a total of 3 1/2 hours of work. At that rate, I'll be "meditating" by the time I'm 80! And boy will I really need it!!! I am a pretty optimistic person and like to see the best in people. I am trying to convince myself that this will all work out in the end and I will not get taken advantage of. I don't like confrontations but it is taking everything I have to keep my husband from seeking out this guy and laying it on the line. Which is what most legit business people do, so maybe we should get something in writing. I can just hear Judge Judy...."you gave this guy how much and have nothing in writing?"

We DO have some level lines and a huge pile of sand sitting on our side yard, so we have made some forward progress. Hope it continues and my faith is restored-and justified! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment