decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 25, 2011

Where Do We Go From Here?


This is how we spent Wednesday evening followed by a wonderful dinner with 2 of the sweetest people ever!


And here we were on Thursday afternoon. The bunny got up off of his chair when he saw the kids coming and I think his size scared Presley. She didn't want to have anything to do with him - except for the chocolate candy he was giving out - so we thought this picture said it all!

I can't believe that Easter is now a thing of the past and that we are almost into May! We had an incredible holiday and hope you did too!

On Thursday, daughter #3 arrived with her 3 kids. Their daddy is staying with us while they are trying to relocate and sell their house and it is always special when their whole family can be together. After our visit with the bunny, we mostly swam, ate and swam some more!

We had a quiet Friday with more of the same, but Nana had a few projects she just had to throw in. The first was for the boys to make bird's nests to give to everyone for Easter. We used a simple recipe that I used when I was teaching kindergarten. Back then we used them for "H" week and called them "Heavenly Haystacks". They're a mixture of chocolate chips, peanut butter, peanuts and Chinese noodles. What could go wrong with that mix? It was easy for the boys to do on their own. After they had scooped the nests, they filled them with chocolate, candy coated eggs. YUM!

The boys were the official candy makers but every high tech process such as ours needs quality control and Presley was only too happy to help us out!

Then that night, I made up some shaving cream "paint" and the kids went to town. They had so much fun. They started out very carefully painting the walls of the surround but it didn't take long before they were finger painting everywhere - including themselves and then designing their new beards and hair. I always love playing with shaving cream as it is so easy to clean up and everything smells wonderful afterwards.





On Saturday morning, we were all on our way to Gainesville. The weather was picture perfect and we had the most marvelous two days. I have so many pictures to share, but I will save those for another day. Jen and the kids just headed home so I am going to do a few chores so that I don't realize how quiet and lonely the house is. I'm sure I'll get used to it again, but I enjoy the energy that 3 children bring to a house - reminds me of the good old days.

Tomorrow I will be taking down my Easter decorations and not sure where I will be going with my decorating. I know there will still be some spring but it has been so long without a holiday for decorating that I'm not sure I will remember what goes where. Stay tuned.

Just a quick peek at our weekend. Since I decided that I will take whatever picture I can get as long as we're all in it, I kind of love this picture. Presley didn't cry the entire 5 days she was here - except now and with the Easter bunny. I think the dog scared her or something. We have others where she is smiling, but then several other people look horrific - including me - so this will be our shot for this year! I love these kids so much that I really don't care and they wanted to get out and hunt for Easter eggs! Every one was totally humoring me at this point because they know how much I love my pictures and I love them all for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment