decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hippity Hoppity ...

Here are three of the eggs I bought from Heidi Devlin. I think she said she first made a rag egg and then covered it with the glimmer dust. I love them, but of course, after seeing hers in an old funeral basket, that is the only way they will look right to me. Since I have every other kind of basket but, I pulled out about every other container I owned. Didn't like any of them! Then, I spied this urn and since it has the same flaired shape as a funeral basket, I am O.K. with it for now. Think I could come up with a better all-around display, but didn't want to spend too much time on it because I am hoping to get to a few antique shops this week and see if I can find a basket! (You knew I would at least have to try, didn't you?)


Thought I would show you some of my treasured Easter things - things that my grandchildren have made me. The upper photo shows some simple topiaries that Caitlin and Olivia made for me when they were quite young. Just a styrofoam egg (that smooth kind) painted, put on a popsicle stick and put in a small terra cotta pot.

The sun catchers were also made by Caitlin & Liv. These are a fun project. Simply draw your design on a piece of paper. Coloring books are good sources since the areas of color are usually large and not too detailed. Lay a piece of wax paper over design and pipe on stained glass leading. This is not the real stuff. It is made for crafters. This is a bit hard to get out of the tube evenly so if the children doing this project are young, you may want to have this done ahead of time. Then after it has dried, you simply fill in with the stained glass color. When the whole thing has dried, you peel it off and adhere to any glass surface. I use mine on my sunroom door but they could also go on a vase, mirror, etc. I use them every year and they are still sticking just fine.



Here is the last Heidi Devlin egg. I used a nest set in an Easter candle ring then just set in the egg and put the whole thing on my tall candlestick. I think I like it.

Another download of Easter subway art. I got this one at Lolly Jane Boutique. Picked up the frame at HL for 50% off so this is a pretty inexpensive project. I am working on a few other things for Easter so we will see how they turn out.

This guy is back from my "ceramic-ing" days. He holds a lot of candy so this is where I usually stash my bag of black jelly beans that my middle daughter finds for me every year. Not many people like the black beans so they're pretty safe wherever I put them but a girl can never be too careful. Never know when someone might visit who loves them as much as I do!


I love my new white pitcher. I think I have used it at least 4 different ways since I bought it a little over a month ago at Target. The giggling bunny candleholder was from Avon. They used to have a lot of holiday decorations. Actually, I haven't seen an Avon catalog in years. Maybe they still do. I'm off to pick up some yard debris. Spent most of the day outside. If I get any more inspiration for Easter goodies, I'll be back. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment