decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 11, 2011

Birds of a Feather

This innocent looking birdhouse is part of the reason that I am not getting much done indoors these days! I bought this and several other birdhouses many years ago when I had a more country theme going inside. I truly loved them but one day I took a notion to move them outdoors and use them as garden decoration. And that is what they were for several years until one day I noticed some movement and realized that some birds were really using it. Once again this year, some little birds have taken up residence and I can't take my eyes off of them. They are so cute and the busiest little things you have ever seen. They are also not timid. They will fly right up to the house and sit and look at me when I am standing not more than a foot or so away. I am mesmerized! I can't seem to pull myself away even though our temps have hit the 90s the last few days!

I have managed to squeeze in lots of gardening and maintenance while keeping one eye on my little flying friends. AND, I think I have almost finished painting all of the outdoor furniture!!! I had forgotten about the stuff in the gazebo but that is now done as well. I am starting on the wrought iron trellises and gates but am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Yeah!!! I think I may be a little dopey from breathing all of those fumes, but as my husband would say, "how can we tell?".

I bought a new umbrella and have been potting plants and transplanting bushes to the far end of the yard. It is coming along and I will post a picture of the finished product soon.


This is an old working potting bench that I made a few years ago. It is funny how you can see things with new eyes! A long time ago, I was in a craft co-op of sorts and one of the things I made was rustic wooden crates, boxes, etc. I had some left over and just stuck them out on the potting bench. Fast forward to now and painted wood is showing up all over blogland. I saw something that I wanted to try and thought I would have to head out and buy a container when I looked up and saw this. There are 3 boxes on the top and more on the bottom shelves out of sight. Now I am just hoping for some time to turn them into new treasures. You'll be the first to see. Also, I have a few Easter paper crafts perking in my head. Hope to get to them tomorrow as we are supposed to have rain and I will be housebound.My little friends will have to get along without me for awhile. Stay tuned and we'll see what materializes!

No comments:

Post a Comment