decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, August 30, 2024

Yes I Did

 I know that I have been caught saying that I wasn't going to add any more to my Halloween "stuff"-as a matter of fact, I think I may have said that I was going to downsize this year. But, as I was perusing Pinterest, I spied a picture that I just had to have.

Those of you who have been with me for awhile know that I do a lot of Edgar Allan Poe in my living room Halloween decor. My last name is RAVN and since Poe wrote "The Raven", it just seemed to make sense years ago when I first started the vignette. Then, daughter #1 gifted me with the antique typewriter that she found in an antique store and the vignette just continued to morph over the years. And now, I can't imagine my house without this vignette. In fact, the hints of Poe have even begun to find their way to other parts of the room. Here's what it looked like last year.



And so, when I just wanted something simple to do this morning I fell back on this.


I think by now we could ALL do this craft with our eyes closed-you know the routine. Paint the canvas-this time with black chalk paint-, use water to tear the edges of your print, distress the canvas and then go over it with distressing ink-this time I used some red to pull that little bit of red from the mostly black and white photo.




Then the print gets decoupaged onto the canvas and the torn edges get distressed. This time I used the red again. I just felt like the photo needed a bit of a pop. I have no idea where this will end up. The top of the chest is pretty well spoken for unless I move something so my guess is that this will have to find another part of the room to call home. We shall see-the other areas are pretty much full too so this may be the year that some things just don't make it out. Lol



I'm off to clean up before my grandson arrives. We're supposed to do some fence repairs today but the sky is starting to get dark so this might be a chore for another day. In any case, it will be nice to have a little visit with him! Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment