decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Lazy Afternoon

 I had to run to the grocery store and bumped into so many people that my quick trip turned into a marathon. By the time I got home and got everything put away and then grabbed a quick lunch, enough of the day was gone that I didn't want to start any big projects so, after putting on a load of laundry, I found myself here.

Let's take a minute and talk about that laundry. I think I may have mentioned that I am not great at reading directions. I don't learn by reading and so I tend to neglect directories that come with appliances, etc. Well, I have had my new washer and dryer for probably four years now and have occasionally wondered why I don't hear the signal at the end of a cycle. Sometimes I blame it on my hearing and others I just assume my mind was somewhere else.

Well, the other day when I was right by the dryer and didn't hear the signal, it kind of piqued my interest-but still not enough to drag out the book. And so today, as I was loading the wash, I decided to give it a try and, lo and behold, I have been doing it completely wrong for all of those years and the signal hasn't even been turned on. Now, I'm still not going to guarantee that I will hear it, but at least now I know that it is working. Lol

So with that now out on the table let's head into the family room decorated for autumn 2024.



I did change the shelves up a bit. This is where I put the new pumpkin canvas that I did and the small painting from HL. I also added the corrugated cardboard pumpkin that I made last year to the mix. I like that the colors that are on the mantle are repeated a lot in these shelves. It's a bit of a softer autumn mix.




I also changed up the mantle a bit. I left all of the greenery that was there and then added the flowers and the pumpkin lights that I got from PB many years ago and still love so much. I don't usually leave the green on the mantle for autumn but by doing so I got so much more "lushness" that I'm actually trying to decide if I might want to do the same for Halloween...we shall see. I'm such a purist that Halloween pretty much just needs to be orange and black but I'm keeping my options open. Lol


I changed up the coffee table a bit as well. I had that small velvet pumpkin left so I decided to dress it up a bit with a few pip berries and some silk ribbon and then sit it on a greenery candle ring and the rest of my pip berries used as a second candle ring and all of it atop an old planter that I had in the garage. I need to remind myself that it is fun to shop the garage and take a new look at things I haven't used in awhile.



I still really love the pallet sign that I made out of old wood and painted to look peeling and grungy!




Here's where I hung the vintage autumn wreath that I made last year.



This room is so pretty at night when all of the candles come on. I took this frame from a video that I made from my TV watching seat the other night so it's not great and you can't see all of the candles but maybe you can get the idea. I took a video I wanted to share with you but somehow I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Maybe I should read a directory. LOL!


So that's it for today. My grandson is coming over tomorrow to help me fix some fencing that got crushed by some rather large falling limbs and then on Saturday, daughter #2 is coming for the day...that being said.... have a wonderful weekend. I probably won't be back until next week. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment