decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, August 16, 2024

Happy, Happy Fri-YAY!

 I have been waiting for today all week long! Monday and Tuesday were busy so I didn't get to swapping out my sunflowers for autumn leaves and pumpkins until Wednesday and it was a rough swap. If the truth be told, everything is now autumn but most of the other stuff still isn't packed away. That is a heavy lifting, HOT kind of day so I think I will start that early tomorrow morning. But, I wanted to get the tour started for you today.

I have the porch done and some pots of last years mums-which are actually blooming but not full and bushy yet-out there but I think I will wait to show you until I can find some new, fuller pots this year.

I changed up a few little things. Most of my changes were made because I needed to find space for the new crafts I have done this year. Welcome to my living room.


I added some brown crinkle paper under the velvet pumpkins in the scale and it looks so much better now. I don't know why it took me this long to do that! And I still love the "Home Grown Pumpkin" sign that I was able to personalize with my home town.





I still love this old water bottle and holder that daughter #3 scoped out for me at a local shop. It totally fits my vibe-shabby, tattered and old! Lol It's kind of funny because when I have posted it before, I have actually had people tell me that their father worked for that company or they are from that town. It's fun to think about how long it has been around and how many peoples' hands it might have been through. And, I'll bet when it was new and being used for an every day thing such as a water holder the owners never dreamed that it would still be around this many years later and being used for decor!


This throw is so old. My friends and I bought it and many others wholesale from Godwin Weavers many years ago when we used to be a part of a local gift shop. I still love them all so much. And I love the pillow that my cousin made for me many years ago. It is out every September and November...and she made me another that comes out in October for Halloween.



That little leaf dish was made for me by my grand daughter when she was in her mom's G.S. troop.






This is where the pumpkin candle holder I made ended up. I think I like it there. I almost put it where the tin pumpkin is but I like that one because it mimics the tin bucket that holds the leaves on the chest in the background. I'm not sure those things matter to anyone else but I like the way that it kind of feels intentional...like I might have known what I was doing. Lol!! 





So that is the autumn living room for this year-unless I come up with any new ideas. I did run to Target this morning and happened upon a few things in their $ Spot. There wasn't much autumn out yet but I grabbed the Halloween wreath-which actually isn't all that bad as is-to give it a bit of a make-over. I'm not sure just what I'll be adding yet but I think with maybe just some ribbon and a few added florals it could be really cute. I like the vintage moon. I actually downloaded a lot of moon images this year because I'm thinking of making a vintage Halloween shadow box...we shall see.


And, when I finished decorating yesterday I realized that I really could use one more pillow but didn't want to shop for one or spend a lot because I really already have way more pillows and covers than any one person should have. Lol Then I spied this cutie for $5. I don't like the stem but I think I can cover it with twine and it will be good to go...again, we shall see. And, yippee, Target saved me a trip to Yankee Candle in our mall. They now carry some Yankee candles. It isn't exactly the scent I would have gotten but it's definitely close enough.

I think I'm off to do a little-VERY little-picking up and then I will be lighting the candles, pouring a glass of wine and sitting down with my feet up to enjoy the arrival of autumn. Ahhhh. Now if Mother Nature would only begin to lend a hand. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment