decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 12, 2024

Monday, Monday

 The weekend is over and, as usual, it went much too quickly! My weekend started on Friday when I was expecting daughter #1 and grand daughter #4 to arrive at any minute. I heard a knock at the door and got the surprise of my life! There was my grandson who had arrived in town earlier than expected and was here to give his Nana a hug and fill me in on all of his summer adventures-like seeing orca whales right next to the boat, flying a helicopter, climbing again up on those huge masts on the "Eagle" and visiting Texas, Puerto Rico, Bimini, Bermuda, Nova Scotia, New Hampshire and Arkansas before finding his way home! What a summer he has had...and he has LOVED every minute of it!


My daughter and grand daughter arrived soon after and got to get in on the adventures as well. Then, we ordered in dinner and had a quiet evening because the next day would be our family gathering for Har with a little birthday celebration for Presley (who turned 15 while they were off on vacation) thrown in. I will say that everyone was having so much fun chatting and catching up that I didn't ask anyone for photos this time. I got my obligatory picture with the grands that were able to make it-we were missing two and then a quick pic of Presley and one of my three grand daughters that were there.






We just had a wonderful, easy going kind of day and pretty much sat and visited until dark. My daughter and grand daughter stuck around a bit yesterday and then made their way safely home and I relaxed knowing I would have a full week ahead.

Today started with this:


First day of school for Hud (who is now a junior) and Presley (who is a sophomore)...and life begins to get back to a bit of routine. I spent the morning picking up and lugging out the rest of Debby's debris and squeezing in a bit of edging. After this I'm off to harvest lots of basil and get some pesto made and in the freezer then this afternoon I will be hemming Hud's long uniform slacks-fingers crossed because it has been a long time since I have done that! Hopefully both legs turn out to be the same length. Lol Tomorrow I have a hair appointment that I forgot about so autumn decorating will have to be pushed back to Wednesday but you can bet that bright and early on Wednesday morning I will be hitting the ground running! And, you'll be the first to know. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment