decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, September 1, 2024

What a Weekend!

I have had such a wonderful weekend. Daughter #2 came down for what I thought was going to be the day but when I saw her carrying in an overnight bag, I realized she was planning on spending the night-which made me so happy because I had so many things I wanted to talk with her about!

She came, as usual, loaded down with all of my favorite foods so I am definitely fed for the next few days!

And, I had promised her that I would help her make some photo booth props for a 5K run that UF Health is sponsoring and she will be helping with all of the after run festivities. Since I have made so many props for so many family celebrations, I was eager to get going...have Cricut machine, will create. We pulled some ideas from props for sale on Amazon and then began our process of personalizing for our needs. I really enjoy doing this and we had lots of laughs along the way!

Of course, I had forgotten that Saturday was our first Gator game of the season. And, earlier that morning daughter #3 had asked me if I wanted to come watch the game with her family...and so, Becky and I worked until kick-off time and then headed over to Jen's house. Even though the game didn't turn out the way we had expected and wanted, it was fun visiting with everyone.

As we were gathering up our stuff to leave, Jen says "oh, I almost forgot. I've got a present for you" and she pulls out a shoebox sized cardboard box. And then she starts to mention a decorating blog that she had introduced me to and I am now following. Before she could say two more words I swear I screeched with joy. You see, I had seen a little something special that was used in the decor on said blog that I immediately fell in love with. A link was provided but it was sold out so I had started to do a bit of Google research in preparation of ordering but I had not yet actually sent in the order. 

And, I knew! I just knew! You might say great minds think alike. Lol But, as I have posted many times before, with the last name of "Ravn" I am drawn to all things Edgar Allan Poe and "The Raven" for Halloween decor so when I saw this raven lamp, I KNEW I had to have it. Little did I ever dream that I would be gifted it!



The LED bulb he is holding comes with a rheostat and goes from very low to very bright. The lady on the blog actually changed the bulb to a smaller, "dressier" bulb which I might do if I happen upon one of them but I'm OK with this one if not. I just know he has to go somewhere very special where he will be the center of attraction-and I'm thinking that will probably be the living room so, we shall see! 

Of course now this cute little lamp has really got me re-thinking my Halloween decor. I think I mentioned before that I was already doing that but now, I'm sure I am going to size down. I love everything "Halloween" that I have and having to get rid of a vignette is going to be like having to get rid of one of my children but, it IS time. I am thinking that I need to leave out more of my natural things like wood and metal and just intersperse some Halloween into the mix.

I think I have been ready to do this for awhile but, honestly, the Halloween decor takes 4 days at a minimum and when you start totally redecorating, it will take so much longer. I'm going to put my thinking cap on and look back over last year's pictures and see what I can come up with before the day actually arrives.

This morning we were at it bright and early again and we finished up all of the props that we thought we would need. 


Now that Becky is safely home again, I am putting away all of the machines, paper stacks and every kind of tool I own away before giving myself permission to take the rest of the day off and just chill. Of course Becky didn't want to leave without first cleaning all of that up for me but I convinced her that if I didn't have something to do that made me feel as if I "earned my pay" I would probably end up out in the yard raking out more garden beds and with our temperatures once again raging, I really didn't want to do that. Lol

Of course, that means that the rest of the gardens are on the list for next week but that's OK. I also need to get in a visit to HL and $Tree so I will share if I find any treasures. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment