decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, September 13, 2024

They're Coming Too Quickly!

 It seems like every time I turn around it is Fri-YAY again. Not that I'm complaining mind you but boy does it remind me of just how quickly the weeks fly by these days! In any case, today is a wet, dreary day so the errands I was going to run will just have to wait. That sent me around the house looking for something to do-believe it or not, I got most of my household chores already done this week! I moved a few things around and when there was no more to move, I resorted to Pinterest hoping to spur a new idea.

And, as usually happens, Pinterest did not disappoint. I came upon this picture in my feed.




I am always drawn to pictures with script not to mention the ornate frame and autumn colors. And, of course, the raven. I quickly made a copy and then, thanks to grand daughter Hannah, I was actually able to figure out how to resize it on my new computer to exactly what the size I wanted. That feat used to be so easy on my old program but it is a lot more complicated now. I NEVER would have figured it out without her help...it takes a village to raise this Nana. Lol

I won't even pretend to insult your intelligence by going through the steps again. I wish I had anything else to put it on but an 8X10 canvas was all I had in my stash. I did the usual and ended up with something I liked but after putting it where I wanted, I just felt like to was too small.




The image was exactly what I wanted but the size was just not cutting it! I suppose if I actually hung it higher it may have been acceptable but I don't want yet another nail hole in that wall!


Of course then I was back running around the house and garage trying to come up with an acceptable solution. I happened upon an old 8X10 frame I had that had some "weight" so I adhered the canvas to the frame and propped it up on some wood blocks. I think I'm OK with it so now I guess I'll have to stain that wood block that I can see glaring out from behind the dough bowl.



And then since I had everything out I made another canvas to use in the family room for Halloween where I have all of the other "Black Hat Society" things. This time the original print was a very odd size so no amount resizing helped and there was just a lot of "edge" left after I ModPodged the print onto the canvas. It was black paint and it was OK but I just wasn't feeling it so I rusted it up. Now it looks like an old, rusty metal sign and will fit right in the the other "witchy:" stuff in the family room.





And while I was tweaking, I got back to the "moon" wreath I zhuzhed up a bit the other day. It still wasn't moving me but not really knowing where it would go wasn't helping...until I saw a plain black twig wreath in Target. I thought the moon might look better backed by the black wreath and then I decided to try adding some fairy lights. I love the way these look-and they're on a timer-but I really dislike working with them. They are so hard to keep untangled and don't want to stay where you put them but seem to catch on everything-especially this twig wreath-so they end up where you DON'T want them. In any case, once I figure out where this will hang I will know better what will stay and what might not but, for now, I'm liking this configuration the best so far!


That's it for today. Have a wonderful weekend! Stay safe and stay tuned.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment