decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 5, 2024

My Shopping Haul

 I have always loved shopping but these days I really don't enjoy it as much as I used to. What with traffic, crowds, eye and back issues and the heat, I am usually just as happy to stay home as I am to head out. But, every now and then it is necessary. And, of course, with this being my favorite season and leading in to a number of other favorite holidays, I will admit that my curiosity gets the most of me and every now and then I just have to get out to see what is on the shelves.

Here is my haul for today-and only two stops. It looks like a lot-and I guess it is, but it all either came from the $Tree or HL and was on sale for 40-50% off.


I actually only have plans for one craft from all of that stuff but I have seen things done in the past with some of these items and I have learned that if you don't buy it when you see it, it will probably not be there when you go back. That is the case with the two black Halloween trees. I would never just use them as is but I have seen them used in other ways so I have them if I need them.

That is kind of the same thing with the wood Mason jar. I'm thinking I can do something cute with that for Thanksgiving.

I always grab candle holders when I see them as well as seasonal pot holders.

And, I found almost everything I needed in HL to finish my Santa ornaments and "ribbon candy" tree holder. Not sure how I will finish this but I think it will be cute in the kitchen for the holidays.


If you look carefully you will see a few more "dropping" greenery sprays that I will add to the mantle and some autumn flowers and pumpkins to add to some craft ideas I'm just developing. The bottle brush trees and small cauldrons are part of that idea as well. I think with some downloaded vintage images added this could be cute. We'll see how it works out.


And then, one can never have too many candle rings. I don't know why but I have become obsessed with them. I added the autumn one to the candle in the dining room and then moved what was there to the kitchen. And the green one ended up in the family room.




And, I can't stop thinking about my new "raven". For some reason I see him in a dough bowl but the one that I have is too big for where he will probably go so I grabbed this cutie on sale...but, of course you know that that wood is too light for me so as soon as I get some old clothes on, the stain will come out and this should work out just fine for my idea. Again, we shall see.


So that's it for today. I think I might need to run out a few more places tomorrow but I'll be back to show you how my ideas turn out---if they turn out. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment