decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 9, 2024

Another Snip & Snail Day

 Unless there is something special on my calendar, most days I wake up not really having a plan. What I do that day will probably depend on my mood, my energy level, what the weather may or may not do or any number of other things. And that was just how today started. I do have a few errands needing doing this week but, since today is Monday, I decided to stay home and get some things done around the house...vacuuming and changing sheets and washing duvets being the priorities on the list.

And that was what I was doing but somewhere in there, I found my way to my office and I glanced at the little vintage Halloween cauldron I made the other day and, once again, something just bothered me about it. I hadn't ever really been in love with it but I wasn't sure why. Today I think I figured it out. I think the bats on the tree are too "heavy".


Everything else in the vignette is two dimensional-except the pumpkin which I have no issue with-and the bats have three dimensions. And so, while the washer was on, I decided to try something. I cut out some bats from black cardstock and gave them a layer of the fine black glitter from Martha Stewart. You can probably tell that I did these right at my desk...lighting is horrible but it is what it is.



Then I snipped off the old ones and added the new and, VOILA! It is really ridiculous how something so silly can make me so happy. For some reason the bats now look like they belong. Lol




And then while still waiting for the wash to finish I noticed that when I put the beards on my Santa ornaments I must have grabbed the iridescent crystal glitter instead of the plain.


 You really can't see it here when they were first done but for whatever reason, by this morning the glitter on the hat was reading "pink". It looked like the red paint had bled but since there was no red paint in that area, it was just the iridescence and I didn't like it...so, this happened also.


And, since the glue gun was hot I decided it was time to get the holly on the Santas. Of course, when I went to HL the other day to buy said holly, this year's crop was different. The leaves were larger and edged in gold-which I didn't like at all. But, being my only option, I grabbed a package and besides cutting those very small little bats, I ended up cutting the gold off of the edges of the holly! Am I the only one who does things like this? Lol


I bought several choices of cording for the hangers so once the glue and glitter are good and dry I will get these finished up. 

So I guess that's all of my excitement for today...doesn't take a lot! Lol I'm off to get the rest of my chores done. Can't wait to see what transpires tomorrow! Stay safe and stay tuned.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment