decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 15, 2019

Spring Has Sprung!

I think it is probably safe to say that for where I live, spring has officially sprung. There is always a slight chance of another cold front but, with the way the weather cycles have been going lately, there is probably just a small chance of that. So, with that being said, I totally felt the need to get outside yesterday and begin some spring cleaning.

I have a lot of garden furniture covered in pollen and many cushions full of mildew as well. Since our weather here enables us to be out around the pool pretty much all year long, I never bring the cushions in. And, since my irrigation system goes off twice a week, some of the cushions get a soaking...and mildew results.

The cushions were new last year so, too soon to replace but, I am always a little afraid of using bleach. And so I went to my trusty Google search and found a mixture of Dawn, vinegar and water that was supposed to work. Since some of the mold in the seams was the black mold, I wasn't holding out much hope but I gave it a shot. And, much to my surprise, it actually took almost all of it off of the cushions and in the seams.

I am not going to say it was an easy task. I did saturate the areas, let them soak a little and then scrubbed every bit of the surface-sometimes more than once. My arm felt like it was going to fall off but, after giving it all a good shot with the hose set on "jet", almost every bit slide right off. And, the few places that didn't were definitely much, much lighter.

And so today, I am off to scrub the umbrellas, do some more weeding and trimming and make my list of everything I need to get the gardens in tip top spring shape! I'm itching to get started on some pressure cleaning as well, so we shall see how that turns out! Lol

I am also planning the St. Pat take down getting ready for the Easter arrival. As much as I like themed china, I also like plastic dinnerware for lunch and breakfast use so, when I saw these cuties, I couldn't help but grab them


I always get excited when I am preparing for a change of decor. I have something else arriving this afternoon and as soon as it does, I will share. Just might be the jumping off spot for another room make over. Lol. Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment