decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Fighting a Fever!!

I broke out with a fever yesterday afternoon. It hit me hard and strong. I never saw it coming!!!! Yes, I have been officially diagnosed with SPRING FEVER.

It all happened when I looked out my side door towards my pool and saw the ENTIRE deck-which just yesterday morning was scattered with a few errant leaves-covered totally by those little pine "squiggles". And then, I heard my poor pool filter gurgling for air. The skimmer was packed full of those things and the top surface of the pool looked like someone could actually step out and walk across it...and this the same pool that the kids were swimming in just the day before!

I got the deck blown off and emptied the skimmer a few times only to be greeted by the exact same view this morning! And so, with the fever running rampant but knowing that even if I got out there and scrubbed furniture, pressure cleaned decks, etc., this stuff is still not done falling. And everything is covered in pollen. This really is the time to be patient and walk away. But, everyone knows that patience is not my forte. And so, I did walk away but I now have my sights set for inside.

I will be taking down St. Pat's next Monday and spring will be going up with bunnies, nests and eggs being added as well for Easter. And so, I am perusing my archives and my Pinterest boards to see what will come next.

And, I must say, a 50% off with an additional 25% off everything sale at Michaels certainly helped me begin the cure.

It is hard for me to actually know what my decor will look like until I have it all out. I have my pictures from last year but I never remember if I bought any after season sale items until I open the bins-hence, I don't like to jump the gun and purchase too much more but, I know I can always use some fresher faux flowers-especially ones that are higher quality at a bargain price-as well as a new inspiration piece or two.

Is anyone else like me? Even though I live in Florida and really don't have a lot of "winter issues" to complain about, right about this time every year I get the "out with the old-in with the new" bug.

I even tend to look forward to some deep cleaning. And so, my goal is to take it a room at a time. I will tackle them from ceiling to floor. I am even going to finally repaint my bedroom-if I could only decide what color. I love the color it is but it has been that color for many years so it needs some freshening up. I'm going to hit Lowes and see what I can find. I'm actually thinking of the same color but maybe in just a different intensity.

Here is my first new inspiration. Don't know why, but this cutie spoke to me and I couldn't say "no". I must admit that I'm not even sure where it will go and it may not even make it out until Easter has been removed from the mix but it will find its place of honor-I promise.


I also found this cute vintage Easter box sign that will look great nestled in an empty corner somewhere-and, with the sale prices it was too good to pass up!


Now that I've got some of my thoughts worked out, I can feel my fever beginning to break. There is a LOONNNG list of things to do for spring but you all know that I LOVE a project...so, let the healing begin! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment