decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Hippity, Hoppity

It is a beautiful spring morning and I only have a few minutes but why don't we "hop" into the dining room while we can!

There are some changes in this room...mostly from the new faux flowers I got on that HUGE sale at Michaels last month. I'm so glad I was thinking ahead as there has not been another sale like that one since!

I actually changed up the niche as well. In past years I have had a lot of my vintage decor on those shelves and it just looked cluttered to me when I looked back over those pictures.

And, of course, the side board vignettes will continue to change now that the new lanterns are hanging. I always had an asymmetrical arrangement here with the left side being tall to balance the lamp that was on the right. With no lamp, that won't work any more so I am trying out new things.


I still love this bunny runner. I got it at Hobby Lobby last year (I think) and it reminds me so much of the much more expensive ones from PB...and, the linen on the runner is an almost exact match to the fabric on the new chair covers. If you look closely, you will see that I still haven't addressed the fit of the covers issue. I'll get there as soon as I run it by my sister-in-law. She is my "measure twice, cut one" conscience so I want to see what she thinks will work first before I just start cutting. Lol




Daughter #3 gave me the bunny hat a few years back. I have had the gentleman rabbit for a few years longer. I must admit that the hat was never a favorite-except for the fact that it was a gift-because the bow and dots were all in pink and blue and it always reminded me of a baby shower. Out of the blue it hit me that I could change those dots and bow-and so I did. And then when I saw how closely the hat resembled the bunny's hat, it was serendipity!




Now that I'm looking closely at that cute flower, I'm thinking I might just need to add one of those to the hat as well.






Just a few random shots around the sunroom. I kept it really simple out there.



This is just one of the three different lavender plants my brother and sister-in-law brought me for St. Patrick's Day. They are all really doing well in the sunroom and looking like they may be graduating to larger pots very soon. I have never done very well growing lavender outside-and I have tried-so I am keeping them in here as long as I can. They really are lucky to have any leaves left because every time I walk by, I pull off a few to rub between my fingers!


Off to get a few other things done but I will be back soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment