decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

Everything just feels right! Our weather is positively perfect, birds are everywhere, blooms abound and spring has definitely sprung! And so, I was anxious to get my Easter decor out...especially since it will have over a month to shine!

Welcome to Easter 2019. Except for the one little wood sign and the casual dinner ware that I have already shared with you, I don't think I have added anything else new this year but I have moved a few things around...and that always makes me feel like things are new.




As it turns out, it is a good thing I picked up this vintage wood sign. My intention was to use it in the guest bath but, after moving the "postcard" that usually resides here at Easter over to the new mail box, it seemed like the new sign might work here-and, I think it does. Of course now I still need something for the bathroom...but, I digress. Lol


I know sometimes you are wondering why in the world I continue to do this blog. There are actually many reasons but one is that it helps me see my house with "new eyes". Sometimes that is good but often it leads to "trouble". In this case, the trouble was minimal. That empty basket on the bunny's back just popped right out at me. I'll show you my "fix" at the end of this post.


I'm still loving my mailbox and still a lot of bang for my buck-just change the "mail" for the theme and I am good to go!




I adore this old balustrade that daughter #1 gifted me with years ago...does she know her mom or what? Old, chippy and green!!

This bunny used to sit on the coffee table but I had "pinned" a similar vignette and thought I could use both my bunny and my balustrade in a new way. The pinned picture had the bunny sitting in a bed of spring flowers. That had been my plan until I headed in to grab a piece of floral foam to start my nest and realized that I didn't have any left. I did have this string of boxwood that I had picked up in the Target $ section awhile back and thought that I could just stick the bunny in there until I had a chance to get to the store and buy more supplies. Turns out I like it just the way it is...in fact, more faux flowers at this end of the table might have just been too much. Win, win!




Normally, at this stage of the game, that green pot is empty and awaiting the arrival of the Easter lilies. Since Easter is so late this year, none are out just yet and I decided to put one of my peace lilies in there for the time being. The fact that it is ready to burst into bloom is all the better!!




This is another area where I have made a change. When I saw this picture I realized that I had some larger purple candles that I could use in these holders. Trust me, they look so much better.




I am totally smitten (does anybody use that word any more?) with this vignette. I love the clear glass and all of the shades of purple and green. If I could get away with it every bit of my Easter decor would be in purple and green. As you well know, I am not a lover of pastels. Unfortunately, they are used in most Easter decor so I have to concede. But, if I could...just sayin'!





O.K., so this is where I thought I would be ending this post but, as so often happens with me, I see one little thing and that leads to another and then another...and, before I know it I have accomplished a lot...just not anything that was initially on my to-do list for that day.

As I mentioned, that empty basket on the bunny was driving me nuts. I knew I had some large wood eggs that I didn't use this year because their colors were too dull. I grabbed the green one and thought I could live with it but, NO. And so, this is happening as we speak. We shall see if it is the answer.


And, of course, while I was rummaging around to find the egg I came across this bunny that I just don't love any more but grabbed him up because I had an idea. I have invited my friend and her grand daughter over for a day of crafting. I had some ideas floating around-one of which included a bunny silhouette on a canvas. I had planned to download the bunny silhouette but when I saw this guy I knew he would be perfect for some canvases I had left over.

But then, I looked more closely at the "chick" design and realized that it might be just perfect for the corner cabinet vignette in the family room. It seems as if I have got a vintage chick theme going in there-quite by accident - but still felt like it was missing something. I'm not crazy about just using the bunny but thinking I might be able to rig up something I like if I adhere the bunny to one of the canvases and embellish it a bit. We shall see.


So now that those two projects have moved to the top of my list, I had better get going. No telling how many more might just strike my fancy as the day progresses. But, before that happens, I am off to daughter #3's house to play with her dogs for a bit. She and her family are finishing up their spring break trips ( yes, trips. First to the mountains and now to the beach ) so I am dog sitting. So much more to come. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment