decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Almost There

Green is the new black...that's my story and I'm sticking to it! In my mind that means that technically, one can never have too much of a good thing. And, the color green is a good thing...especially at this time of the year. And that is how these two cuties came to join the fun today.

This is the second pillow cover that I had ordered. It was delayed a bit because I bought it from Etsy and the lady that owns the site had an unexpected surgery. That is the kind of thing one must be prepared for when ordering something hand made and I was totally fine with it. I have seen many of this artist's pillow covers on blogs I follow and I have always just swooned over the vintage character of her designs...not to mention the script, postmark, etc. This beauty hit all of my weak points! It is from Elliot Heath.


And then, this cutie spoke to me...in fact, she down right yelled out loud! I put her back on the shelf several times but, in the end, she stayed in my cart-right where she belonged. I actually was going to get the next size up but I think I'm glad that I didn't. As soon as St. Pat's is over, it will be moving up on to a piece of furniture and I think if it were any larger it might not work in as many places as I am considering. I think this might be another one of those things that I just leave up all of the time. It will work with almost every season and holiday. All I will need to do is adjust the "filler". Kind of seems like a no-brainer to me. The older I get, the more I look for simple swaps. Lol


I spent the better part of yesterday shopping for supplies for St. Pat's at Nana's this coming weekend. Today I did lots of prep and made sure I had everything I need in order. Tomorrow I am heading out to buy the groceries and I will be good to go. I think almost everything I have planned is a repeat of something we have done before. While I am always looking for new ideas, the kids like some of the traditional things. And, since new ideas are almost impossible to come by, I'm happy with the tried and trues as well.

This is where I did a lot of my prepping today. I just can't get enough of those lanterns!



 Lots of fun coming up. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment