decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Let There Be Light!

Some more of my "birthday present" arrived just in time for me to get everyone's opinion on "how high" and "how wide" they should be hung.

I love that these light sconces do not need to be hard wired. I have long wanted to hang something on the sides of the pass through in my dining room. This is a long wall and even though it is broken up by the side board and chairs, the top of the wall has looked vacant to me for a long time. Along came these beauties. They are battery operated and came with LED Edison bulbs. And, the best part is that they hang on a single screw.

I have always had a table lamp on this side board but I thought that might be rather redundant so, off it came. I am missing the height it gave the area but, I really just moved the things that have been in this vignette around so, I'm hoping once I actually decorate this area as it now is, I will be good to go.

I must say, I love the light they give off at night!



This has been a week full of birthday celebrations. We started with celebrating my grandson as he turned 14. He chose dinner at one of our favorite downtown restaurants, Harrys, and it was a fun evening.



Creme Brulee bread pudding for the birthday boy.




Then, on Thursday, my celebration began. A good friend took me to Micanopy and we enjoyed a day of shopping and eating.

On Friday, we were back to celebrating Harrison. He had a large kickball party at the local high school's baseball field. The kids were all able to come right after school before everyone had their own sport team practices, church groups, etc. A large group of kids-both boys and girls- showed up and the competition was fierce but fun. I think they only stopped when all of the pizzas got delivered. I don't think we were ever able to get a shot of everyone but we did the best we could.







I must say, it was a brilliant way to have a boy/girl party with 14 year olds without the drama that can sometimes be present at those things. Lol

And then on Saturday, it was back to me! My brother and sister-in-law took daughter #2 and me out to a fabulous lunch at another of our downtown favorites. When we got home, daughter #3 and my youngest grand daughter were able to join us and we continued the fun with a delicious torte style cake filled with lemon curd and raspberry-my favorites.




I always swoon over a bouquet of irises, daffodils and tulips! I carry them from room to room so they can stay with me at all times. Not being able to grow these beauties is about the only reason I would rather live somewhere other than Florida.




We had a lovely visit and then finished the evening by watching "A Star Is Born"-whew. So, you would think that after all of that, my birthday would be history but, not so. The rest of the gang will congregate here later in the month and I will receive my favorite present of all-helping hands. It's that time of year when a lot of things need their spring update and some of them involve rather heavy components so muscle is always welcome!

I'm kind of taking it easy today and tomorrow I will start to solidify plans and lists for our St. Pat's at Nana's next weekend. I've been buying some scavenger hunt goodies as I see them. Anything green or rainbow is fair game.


I am off to watch a movie and I will catch up any other loose ends next week. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment