decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, August 17, 2018

Uncle!!

I could NOT wait another minute! This has been a rough week and I had to do something to keep myself occupied while waiting for another eye surgery and the A/C guy to finally finish up. As we speak, one unit is up and the other needs to be replaced...and right after the pool reno! Is there any wonder I am just trying to get to my happy place. And, apparently, this has done it. I am so happy when this happens and I swear it is 30 degrees cooler in here already. That may have something to do with the new A/C fan motor but, whatever!!

 Welcome to the beginning of autumn 2018! Because I have not been out and about to find new treasures just yet, most of this room is pretty similar to last year-just a few tweaks so far. Since I am usually way ahead of the stores, I am hoping by next week they will all have their autumn out and I can hit some of them and see what I can find. I'm still loving the grey and rust pumpkin that I found at HL last year-it truly looks like it was just made for this chest!



And see how the rusty leaves were just made for the urn and mirror frame...serendipity.










I'm thinking I just might have to straighten that "autumn" sign. I meant for it to be tilted. I thought it added some contrast to the squareness of the mirror but every time I look at the picture quickly, I think I took it tilted. It's driving me crazy...lol.




As I look over all of these pictures, even I am surprised by all of the rust and "shabby" that captures my heart. Makes me understand what always prompted my husband to ask "how much did they pay you to take that off of their hands?'...Lol



So that is the living room so far. Really not much to be said about it except that it makes me so happy to finally have my leaves and pumpkins back where they belong! My heart gets happy when I see everything all orange or rusty...and the pumpkin smells just put me over the edge! Thinking it might be time to make a big ole pot of soup and some pumpkin doughnut holes...right after I come in from a dip in my cool pool because, after all, in everybody elses's world, it IS still summer! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment