decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 20, 2018

I Smell Pumpkin!

Everything pumpkin is beginning to arrive in stores. I am looking forward to getting into the stores this week and giving myself time to just walk up and down the aisles and see what there is to see...and smell. Right now the kitchen just smells of the Autumn Leaves candles from Yankee Candle, but I'm hoping to remedy that soon. One of my autumn "must dos" every year are the baked pumpkin doughnut holes. They are so simple and really fill the house with the wonderful aroma of fall!


While I'm thinking of all things autumn edible, let's head into the kitchen. Looking at those little bowls and the pumpkin tureen makes me think that I need to make some soup soon also!



I still love the fingerprint tree made by our 3 youngest grand children and the autumn tree collage made by another.



Seeing the sandwich plates in this picture reminds me that I need to add WalMart to my list of stores to peruse. Each year Better Homes and Gardens puts out autumn dinnerware-a little different each year-and reminiscent of PB designs. As much as I love PB, I would rather spent my budget there on decor pieces that I can possibly even use all year. The BH&G plates are sturdy and user friendly. Since I have even more of the salad plate size in my cupboard that I use for sandwiches every day, I think I might look for a few dinner plate size this year as well. I have service for 12 of the solid orange plates and can mix & match the salads so I am good for company but think I might want a few with the autumn designs to use every day for dinner-I hope I like this year's pattern! 





Still loving my pumpkin enamelware pot. That too was a Wal-Mart find from the Ree Drummond collection. Very similar to a LeCruset but SO much less expensive...sorry Williams Sonoma. Sometimes I will go for the higher priced item because I need quality and know you often get what you pay for but, in this case, I really don't cook in this pot. I use my All-Clad to cook because I have much larger pots and can make a huge batch of whatever and then I transfer into this so it is mostly just for serving-hence, at least to me, not worth the BIG bucks!









I found a number of battery orange candles at HL and grabbed them up. Although they aren't the flicker flame that I have come to love so much, they do glow from within and I've started putting them in small areas to add a nice glow at night. I love it when I turn a corner and see a glimmer of light where I least expect to see it. That being said, this is the time of year that the orange flicker flame candles may show up so I am still looking as I am truly in love with them. To me, they look very realistic! I love that I can put them where I can't easily reach to light a traditional candle-and that I don't have to worry about remembering to blow them out every night! You can be sure that if I spot them, they will be coming home with me!


I'm going over to daughter #3's for dinner tonight. I'm anxious to hear all about the first week of school, football practice and Presley's trip to Orlando with one of her best friends for a joint birthday celebration this past weekend. They had a wonderful time-can you guess why-and she came home with some extra "bling" on her ears that I can't wait to see!



Since I cleaned gutters this weekend-which requires at LEAST a million trips up and down the ladder (or at least that's how it feels today)-and did a bunch more weeding and trimming, I am walking kind of slowly today so I am off to look through all of my autumn magazines and catalogues and maybe I will even come up with a few more ideas. If not, there's still lots to see so stayed tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment