decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, August 31, 2018

Halloween Dreaming

I am so enjoying my house with all of its autumn splendor but I am still finding thoughts of all things Halloween slipping into my mind as the stores are loading up on black and orange. Those of you who follow this blog know that there is truly not one more Halloween item that I could possibly need. Yet, every year I seem to find a new treasure or two...and have so much fun on the hunt!

I am also starting to gather my Halloween party ideas once again. I have gotten everyone in the family to agree on a date for one last family Halloween costume party. The older everyone gets, the more and more outside the family commitments they have...like school, jobs, sorority responsibilities, friends, football, dates, etc. Even though this is one of our favorite family traditions, it isn't fun if we can't all be here and sometimes, that is just not possible. And so I decided to broach the subject one more time and see if we couldn't get a date that everyone was free and could get it on their calendars early enough that they could keep it free. And then, I would agree to let this tradition drop. And so, although we have had to make a few compromises to get everyone here and back to their homes safely and on time, we have a date! And, I can hardly stop thinking about it. I know the kids all want to do all of our favorite things but I am also looking for any new ideas that strike my fancy...and, of course, a unique costume. Since we have been doing this so long, there is hardly a new idea out there. But, I am having fun looking and I know I will come up with something that the kids will think is fun!

And, right now, all I can think about is when it will be time to get this beauty on my front door!


But before we get there, let me show you a few of my autumn things I still have to share. The guest bath is ready and I liked that basket hanging from the hook so much that I just left it where it is and swapped the sunflowers for the leaves...and another "permanent" vignette may have been born!






I always like to add a touch of the season or holiday to the master bath as well.






The master bedroom got its fall/winter bedding.

And, although this should have been where I started, I waited to show you the porch until I could find some mums to put in the urns. Sigh!! All is right with the world. There is just something that seeing the first mums appear in garden centers that helps to confirm my belief that summer WILL end and my favorite season is right around the corner!





So that is it for the 2018 autumn decorations...although there is a lot more of autumn to come because it hasn't even officially arrived yet! As much as I am looking forward to that, I caved and went and bought this yesterday! I knew I needed a new one this year but, since it took so long to get the pool finished, I decided it might be best to bite the bullet and wait to buy (and store) this thing until next pool season. But, since this is my very favorite way to spend hours in the pool-usually with a book and cold drink-I just couldn't wait another minute. I had been keeping my eyes open as each store closed out their summer items but it seems like the only place I can still find these-as opposed to any blow ups which I am over!-is at Pinch-A-Penny and, unfortunately, not on sale. But, with the way the heat has been going, I will get in lots of "lounging" before this cutie needs to find its winter home! And, if you need me today, I will be "poolside"! Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment