decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Let the "Sun" Shine!

Ahhh, so much better!!! NOW it looks like a sunflower...and, except for about 1 1/2 bottles of craft paint (on sale) and my time, I didn't lose anything else.


I will say that this one was definitely more of a challenge to stuff and glue. Those points were tricky. Not only am I always amazed at how much paint the burlap drinks but also about how many Publix bags it takes to stuff them. I like the Publix bags the best because they are brown and usually don't show through the burlap. But, trying to be environmentally friendly, I use "permanent" bags (seasonal of course) and so I had to beg as many empty bags as I could from anyone that I could. When I started thinking about how many it would take to make all of my Halloween witches' hats, I knew I would need help so I spoke to my friendly Publix manager. I told him what I was doing and he graciously told me I could take as many out of the recycling bin in front of the store as I want. Of course, I do get a few sideways glances as I am "dumpster" diving but I run by each time I shop and grab more and I think I am finally ready to go!

While still in Europe, my oldest daughter celebrated birthday #50! Imagine my surprise when my doorbell rang and I was presented with this beautiful bouquet of flowers. They are from a new florist here in Ocala and they are so whimsical and free floating...just exactly what I would pick for myself. There are even a few things in there that I have never seen before and smell just like a spring garden. Does she know me or what?!





I am spending tomorrow with an old friend but I will be ready to tackle the autumn leaf on Friday and then it's on to Halloween! Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment