decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Always Trust Your Flowers

I need to pay more attention to my gardens and less to my phone. I was planning my day and checked the weather on my phone...maybe just a very slight chance of a very gentle shower it said!!! But then, out of the corner of my eye I spy these:


Why didn't I believe my eyes? I really don't think I ever knowingly planted rain lily bulbs. But here they are...and in lots of other random spots around my yard. And, when they bloom, it is a pretty sure indicator. And, sure enough, we have been having a monster of a downpour. I'm not complaining because I have been indoors replanting some of the sun room pots that needed more space to grow and, I did get out quickly and move some of the porch pots out so they could get a good nice soaking as well. But, I was kind of hoping that I could spend some time this afternoon out by the pool catching up on some reading. Maybe it will stop and dry out by then. In the mean time, I think I only have the guest bath left to show you. Again, I'm keeping it simple.




And just a nod to the holiday in the master bath:




When I last posted, I was thinking of doing some water gun painting with the kids but as I re-read the instructions and supply lists, I think it would cost more more than the amount of pleasure and creativity they would receive so I am on to a new idea:






I think they might enjoy this more. We can do them on canvas and they can be as creative as they want. They can go more traditional flag-like or free form like this one. It will be fun to see what they come up with!

Promising to be a busy week but I will check back soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment