decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 3, 2014

More Spooking

Let's move along to the dining room - no big, mind blowing decor here but I still love the lights and warm glow this room exudes for the holiday.


This is the sign that used to hang in the LR but I wasn't about to take down the new "mirrored" mirror so I settled on putting it here. It is kind of pretty at night when these candles are on.



I am still having trouble decorating this fireplace. The hutch shelves are very shallow and there isn't a lot of height between the shelves, so decor is very limited. It is kind of a "leftover" area right now and I am hoping more inspiration will hit soon!




I do still like the bones in the fireplace.





The side board became our bar area this year because I needed the kitchen hutch for the laboratory. I have actually tweaked this area already since the pictures were taken. I added several pewter chalices and another of the flicker lights in a pewter holder. I don't know why, but I somehow associate pewter with vampires??!

I don't like the centerpiece but decided to go with it because we actually use this table a lot during the autumn and it gets old having to always be moving a lot of things before we can sit down.


These shelves are also proving to be a challenge to decorate. I probably should have gone with just two shelves because once again, the space in between is not enough for a lot of the things I have for holidays. I'm sure I will get it down one of these days.






As I said, this room is really not my best effort; but, it is done, and right now, that counts for something!

If you are a long time reader of this blog, you might notice one of my decorations that is missing - the pumpkin man that usually hangs over the entrance into the sun room. I actually left the nails up for this guy when I repainted the room but, for some reason, I didn't feel the need to put him up this year. Of course, the little kids haven't seen this done yet, so if they miss him, he will make an appearance. We shall see. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment