decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I Might Be Getting Good at This!

Remember a post or two ago when I showed you my fabulous jacket bargain from Chicos? Well, wait til you see what I did this time! Now, I love a bargain as much as the rest of you. But, I guess I am pretty impatient. When I decide I want something, I want it right then. I am not one to wait around and compare prices, etc-except in HL where I KNOW everything goes on sale every other week. That being said, I am also not good at couponing. And, whenever I think I might try and actually go to the trouble of finding a coupon, I invariably leave it on the kitchen counter.

There are some offers I do always try to make use of (Clinique GWPs, extra 30% at Kohls, etc.) and one of those is the "Thanks For Sharing" at Macys. It is a win/win proposition. You buy the card-usually around the end of Sept. I think-and then, they keep track of everything you buy through the end of the year. Sometime in February, you get a gift card for 10% of that amount as a thank you and they donate $10 per card to local and national charities. Since this is a gift card instead of a coupon, it works in my favor because it does not expire.

Fast forward to my new mattress that is so thick, none of my beautiful old sheet sets begin to cover it. I bought one new set when we first got it and almost had to take out a second mortgage on the house to pay for it-have you priced good sheets recently?

It was now time to get a second set just because I was getting tired of having to strip, wash and replace all on the same day. I headed to Macys with my gift card in hand. They were having a 50% off sheet sale with an additional 10% for home purchases as well.






I zeroed in on this set right away as it is the most beautiful spring green color. The price is blurry but I bet you can still see what it says!! Yep, $180!!!. But, by the time I was done, I owed the cashier $3.75. Woo-hoo! That was even better than my Chicos buy! I could get used to this. Although, as I was bragging about how well I did to my husband, he burst my bubble a bit by reminding me how much I had to spend to get that gift card. Oh well, I still have a big smile on my face 'cause I think I did pretty darn good. I could get used to this-as long as I don't have to remember coupons and expiration dates. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment