decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Moving Right Along



So we are on to the family room. I have shown you most of this before but I want to document it for myself so I hope you don't mind coming along. The above wreath was made for me by my youngest daughter and contains my grand children's hand prints. I love it and it always holds a place of honor in my family room for everyone to see. If you are very observant, you will notice the addition of a flag that I added. When I made the small banner last year, I could fit an extra flag on the page I was printing so I went ahead and did. Then I walked around until I found just the right place to clip it. I think it looks cute right here.


This year's mantle holds the bead board flag I made a few years ago, my newest Uncle Sam, my white stoneware pitcher from Target full of flags and some small Uncle Sams, red white and blue stars and red white and blue votives. It does look really pretty at night when the star lights are lit and the candles are glowing through the votive holders.








Now I know why we call large TVs the big, black hole. That is truly what it looks like in this picture but once again I am cataloging the unit to make my life easier next year when I have to remember how I could possibly have fit all of the STUFF I have somewhere in my house. Bear with me!


Here is a little teaser of what I have been up to of late. I have been out of town and on the road way more than I have been home and oh, the places I've been! I will share in my next post. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment