decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sweet P's First







I have been missing in action for a week or so as I have been busy with end-of-the-summer fun with grandchildren. First, I spent several days in Gainesville helping daughter #2 get her classroom ready for the start of the new school year. We had fun designing and constructing her new bulletin boards. Then, I got to "steal" her 2 daughters and bring them home with me for several days. This may seem like a simple task for a grandmother, but as those of you who have been there know, the older they get, the harder it is to find free time for Nana & Papa as their schedules get progressively fuller and fuller.


In any case, we had a wonderful, stress free time and then headed to Lakeland for Presley Paige's first birthday party. The theme was "Sweet P's Sweet Shoppe" and was so much fun. Jennie & I got most of the decorations assembled at my house on her last visit and then she filled in the blanks with lots of yummy candy, cupcakes and food. It turned out to be a beautiful day - rain is always a worry this time of year in Florida - but blistering hot. Of course that didn't stop the fun and all of the kids had a great time! I actually heard a few of the adults who want the same theme at their next birthday party! It was a special day as all of the family and many friends were able to gather and celebrate Presley turning one. When I look at my oldest grandchild who is now 14, I know the years will fly by in the blink of an eye, so I am happy to celebrate each and every milestone as they come.


Since I was gone or occupied for so long, I am running a bit behind on my chores, but rest assured, once I am caught up, I will be starting on autumn and Halloween, All but one of my grandchildren have decided on costume ideas for this year, so I am off to Hobby Lobby and JoAnns tomorrow to begin buying patterns while they are on sale. Truly can't wait to get started! And maybe I'm "wishful thinking", but I thought I detected the slightest hint of coolness in the air this morning!!!

1 comment:

  1. That birthday girl is really cute but I just adore that party hat! What a great touch. It completed the entire party!

    ReplyDelete