decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 23, 2010

Do the Ends Justify the Means?

This is a question I ask myself a lot. I am a firm believer in "where there's a will, there's a way". As you can see, my mess got bigger as the day wore on. Don't have the heart to show you what it looks like as we speak!


In any case, I am now done with the things I want to use as Halloween gifts this year. I bought some altered Bingo cards from "Cherry's Jubilee" last year and loved them. Spent this past year searching out supplies so I could make them myself. I hang mine on some large, spooky metal branches I purchased from Pottery Barn a few years ago, but they look equally as nice hanging from branches, cabinet knobs, large apothecary jars or over the corner of a mirror or picture frame.


I love all things vintage and can never have enough pictures of Halloweens past, so the vintage image blocks fit the bill.


The thing in the middle is a faux canvas I bought at HL this past summer for 50% off. Since it was a black chandelier, I immediately thought of Halloween (yes, even though it was 105 degrees in the shade. That's how my brain works) and thought it might add a touch of class to my decorations - if there is such a thing?! So far, I spritzed it with copper Glimmer Mist, glittered the crystals and added glittered embellishments. I'm not sure if I'm done nor am I sure I even like it but I will leave it alone for a bit and see how I feel next week. Moods and opinions change around here momentarily!


Now that I've spent 3 days crafting, I have a mountain of cleaning up to do - refer to top of page only imagine it even worse. Then, the rest of the week is pretty well spoken for. But, come Saturday morning you will find me dragging out the autumn Rubbermaid containers and my favorite season of the year will begin - at least in my world it will!

No comments:

Post a Comment