decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 20, 2020

Some "Bunny" Loves Me

So when I last posted, I mentioned that I was doing a craft I wasn't even sure I would like but, anything to keep my mind on positive things instead of what is going on in the world around us! So, here was my teaser of supplies. Can you tell where I am going with this?






I had several extra pieces of 4X4 that I had cut for pumpkins and never used. I figured this was as good a time as any. I sanded it a bit and then gave it a nice coat of white chalk paint. When that was dry, I used my sand paper to sand off a bit of the paint for a distressed look.


 Then it was a simple matter of painting on a bunny face. First the eyes...


...then the pink nose...




I had a bit of burlap left from my door hangers so I cut two ears and painted the insides pink.


Next came the mouth and whiskers.


Finally, I hot glued twine around the outside rim of the ears and then glued them on to the top of the wood. I made a quick little bow to put at the base of the ears and, voila, she's done. I think this little cutie will go on the shelves in the guest bath.


I am done with the crafts for the moment and on to decorating for Easter. I will be sharing soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment