decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Hopping In!

I finally got St. Pat's down and now have Easter up. I'm guessing none of us will be having much Easter celebrating this year but, I just had to do it. It kept me busy for a bit and makes me feel good...and that is truly why I do most of the decorating that I do.

With that being said, everything is not exactly as it would be if I could get to the stores. I had some other visions in my head and had just started looking for things when the virus interrupted our lives. I have decided that I am going to embrace the "what is" instead of fretting over the "what could be" so, let's start on this year's tour.





This is the first area that I am not crazy about. I changed it up this year because I am using the things that used to be here somewhere else, but this area would definitely benefit from some "retail loving". Lol




So this is where the new bunnies ended up. They were supposed to be in my large dough bowl but that thing is just so rounded on the bottom that no matter how I tried to weight it and even it off, the bunnies kept tipping over and I was afraid they would break.

They are now in my very large tin tray. I also thought they were going to go on the coffee table but, that didn't work out either. I'm getting used to them being here.


I actually just planned to have only the greenery and the carrots I made in this arrangement but, when I found the cabbage in my stash as well as those beautiful mica chipped eggs, I knew I had to use them. It is a bit busy for my taste and I may ending up pulling a few things to see if I can find new homes for them.













When I look at the couch and the dark green pillows from a distance, I'm having second thoughts. But then, when I get closer, I am seeing the dark green edging on the rabbit pillow (which is just showing a bit in this picture) and the dark green of the leaves...so, for now, it stays the way it is!


So that is the living room for this year. I know it is a bit silly to be decorating in the midst of the health crisis we are facing but, as things get worse over the next month - or however long it takes - we all need things to get our minds off of what we are seeing happen. We all just need to do what we are being told to do and we will get through this. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment