decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Seriously??!!??

What? Our St. Pat's weekend at Nana's is in the record books, the official day is only ten days away and, my house has been decorated in all things green for over a month. So, what in the world am I doing still making new decor?

You know I just love crafting so much and, when I find myself between any kind of project - or, any kind of project that I actually feel like doing - I will often "graze" for any craft I can find to do...without having to leave the house to buy more supplies. That is exactly what happened yesterday. I was having a hard time finding anything that struck my fancy when I spied the wood beads left over from the bead and egg garland. And, right then, inspiration hit and I decided that I just couldn't live a minute longer without a St. Pat's wood bead garland.

I definitely could have made it longer and used up the beads but, painting beads that already have a finish is not easy. If chalk paint came in the colors I wanted, it would have been easier because that stuff seems to stick to anything. But, I managed to paint as many as I could. I truly didn't know where I was going with this thing but, I do like the way it turned out.

If I had been planning it all along, I might have done things differently, but as a "for free" project - not to mention a project that took enough time that I then didn't have any time left to do one of the ones I have been dreading , I am happy.


Things went from this...


to this rather quickly once the paint had dried.


Of course, excuse time has now run out and the dreaded chores are all waiting. Since I got all of the front windows washed last week, my floors are begging to be waxed. I've got the furniture all moved so I have no more excuses. Off I go. I always love it so much when it's done that I don't know why I dread it so much! Spring, spring, beautiful spring...and spring cleaning! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment