decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 6, 2020

Almost Done

Tomorrow is the big day/weekend. It is St. Pat's weekend at Nana's. We have to do it a week early because spring break starts next week and my family will be out of town. And so, I have spent today getting all my ducks in a row: food prep, game prep, craft prep...well, you get the idea. I think I am ready. Of course, Mother Nature is giving us a very early spring...which is a good thing but, along with that comes 10 million live oak leaves and pollen and "squiggles" so I have also been outside constantly skimming the pool so the filter system doesn't over work and blowing leaves off of decks and drives so we can walk without fear of slipping and sliding. I also took off some screens and got some windows washed. This is the time of year that I truly want crystal clear windows! I will say that if we weren't doing our weekend, I would have spent the entire day in the yard. The weather is picture perfect and I am ready. I'm chomping at the bit to do some pressure cleaning, trimming, etc.

But, since I am back inside, I thought I would take you into the family room. There are a number of things that are different because, of course, there is the new piece of furniture.



I have since added a live green plant to this vignette and I think it is just the shot of "life" that this spot needed.

I don't know why I don't close the doors on this piece when I'm taking pictures. I'm still on the look out for some lighter objects that will find their way onto these shelves and remain there permanently while I just add a few seasonal/holiday items as I need.



If you look carefully at the mantle in the above photo, you will see that this closer shot is a bit different. As much as I am not a fan of outlined letters on signs, I realized that the word "lucky" was just too dark on the dark wood and I decided to go ahead and use my gold paint pen to trace the letters. It definitely stands out more now. And, since the horse shoe is gold, I guess I am OK with it.






And, when I had a few free minutes the other day, I decided to whip up another book stack. There is something fun about doing these things. I am starting to see some new ways to stamp and embellish them so, I am pretty sure there are even more in my future.

I have got to get back to the chore at hand. The next time I post, I should have lots of pictures to share of our fun weekend. Stay tuned.













No comments:

Post a Comment